Sunday, January 1, 2012

Okay - the time has come!


So since January 1st was on a Sunday, I feel like the 2nd is more of my 'start time'. I think I'm ready to go. For reals. I'm really wanting to do this (like I always say) but knowing that I have others in the same boat as me is super comforting. So thanks you guys for joining me!


I'm on the mailing list for my Aunt's Personal Training Newsletter. And here's the letter I got today - I thought it was SOOO good ... too good not to share. So here you go - and  may we all have a great start to 2012!

Happy New Year Everyone!

Welcome to 2012! I wonder what this next year will bring all of our ways? Looking back over the last year aren't you glad you didn't know EVERYTHING that was ahead? Life is full of surprises, disappointments, joys, and choices. Some of you were delighted by wonderful unexpected news that changed everything...others were surprised with hard news that threw a curve in your plans or changed your outlook on life. While we can't control everything that happens to us we can make good choices that help us live a healthier, happier life. Speaking of that....

....did any of you gain weight over the holidays? I did. We all probably did. After-all, we got together with family and friends and celebrated the season and that usually means feasting on cookies, drinks, candy, home baked goods and tons of other delicious treats...and you know what? That's a part of life...a good part of life....but another part of life is making more healthy choices and getting back on track. So, here are a few suggestions to help you as you begin this new year:

First, throw out all half eaten boxes of SEE's candies, gorgeously designed sugar cookies, crackers, left over candy, chips and any other seasonal foods that you allowed yourself to have over the holidays. THROW THEM OUT! You have celebrated, you've feasted, you've gained weight....it's over...so TODAY clean out your Christmas tins, freezer and fridge....get rid of the goodies! Yes, you are WASTING it...but if you don't, you will be WAISTING it in a different way.

Next, make a big batch of cabbage soup, veggie soup or some other broth based soup. Add some protein to it in the form of beans, legumes or chia seeds. Eat other stuff too...but really make the soup your go to food when you are hungry. The purpose of this is to kind of reset your body and taste buds back to less highly palatable choices. Eat the soup along with  REAL FOOD (veggies, fruit, lean meats, healthy grains). 

Thirdly, drink green tea. Yes, I know it is blah, but you can doctor it up. I add a strong mint tea bag to mine. You may add ginger or lemon or any other flavor to make it more flavor-able. Five cups of green tea really gives your metabolism a boost....just drink it! Oh and all those Starbucks/Peets drinks...nope, they don't exist for you anymore...don't drink your calories in juices, highly caloric coffee drinks or "healthy drinks" that are loaded with calories.

Lastly, START MOVING! Do some push-ups, squats, lunges....just throw them into your day at random times. Those little bursts of exercise add up. Don (my husband) disappears for a moment and before I know it he is back and says, "I just did 30 push-ups" or "I just did 15 pull-ups"! All those little quick bits of exercise add up! Talk a walk, jump rope for the duration of a song you love, climb up a hill...just move!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment