Tuesday, August 30, 2011

um ... I think I'm in love


Seriously. I love this. I'm not even kidding. Going Primal is freaking amazing. Now, you're probably going to think I'm lying, but I swear I'm not. I lost like 2-3 pounds over night. Yes, it's probably just water weight or bloat, but I.DON'T.CARE. I freaking LOST something! That hasn't happened in I don't know HOW long!

Granted, I do not think this kind of 'weight loss' is going to continue every day, and I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the fact that I also dropped my Diet Pepsi/Coke consumption, but regardless, I'm stoked. It was that little pick-me-up that I just NEEDED as encouragement!
Here's something else - the husband and I were discussing tonight how neither one of us experienced any kind of 'crash' today with our blood sugar. We were never ravenously hungry (you know, the kind where you get kinda frantic that you need to eat something) and we felt really good all day. In fact, the husband said that when he normally has cereal for breakfast, by 10am his stomach is growling and he has to eat something. But today ... he didn't feel that way at all. In fact, he wasn't even that hungry when he got home. 

I have a feeling that the husband is going to get ROCKSTAR results pretty fast. When he's done other weight-loss 'methods', his body always seems to respond pretty quickly. So I'm excited for him. Even though I'm pretty sure he'll double my progress, I can't wait to see his results as well. 

Oh, one more thing I thought I'd share. When I started Weight Watchers, I kept trying to find the loop holes... I kept trying to see how much crap I could get away with eating and still get some sort of results. But with being Primal, I don't want to push the limits. I want to stick to the program as closely as I can. And I can't wait for each day to come so I can eat awesome food and see my body change. It's not a matter of 'if' my body will change, but I believe whole heartedly that it will. This switch in my mentality ... I have no idea where it came from. I can only guess that God has zapped my mind as I feel like this is going against everything I've ever done (and believed) in the past. But I'm excited. I'm happy. I'm so incredibly glad that I'm starting this journey.

And weigh-in days? BRING IT! I can't hardly wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment