Wednesday, August 31, 2011

ahhhh .... still so happy {and satisfied!}


I'm telling you - I'm still singing the praises of being Primal. I LOVE LOVE LOVE eating the food. The hardest part is that I'm usually NOT HUNGRY so I go longer in between my meals. I had THE BEST salad today and I'm seriously counting down the hours until I can have it for lunch tomorrow. I used mixed greens, some english cucumber, grape tomatoes, 2 hard boiled eggs, and a chicken breast all tossed in a little EVOO and balsamic vinegar (and a dash or two of sea salt).

Also, I'm guessing that some of you might be thinking that it's super unhealthy to be having a high fat diet, but let me give you a dumbed-down explanation (and it's not dumbed-down for your sake, but for mine). Your body needs fuel for energy. That is why people eat carbs. The carbs that are not used for energy are turned into sugar then fat. The sugar also triggers insulin production, which contributes to the fat retention. 

Fat, does NOT effect insulin. And the body can use fat as fuel. 

When you mix high fat with low carbs, you get great results. There are many other side effects from high carbs, and for those worried about fiber, you get plenty of fiber from your vegetables. 

Anyway, there is MUCH MORE to all this, but I'm still reading all about it. But again, I'm super stoked on it. 


But enough about that ... does anyone want to watch a kdrama again? I know it's been a while since I last talked about it - so I'm assuming you all are watching the kdrama of choice right now. But I was talking on FB with a friend about Springz Waltz and it made me SOOOOO want to watch it again. So does anyone want to? Its okay to say 'no'. For reals. But if you say 'yes' ... I won't lie ... I'll be stoked. 

So what do you want to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment