Sunday, July 3, 2011

here we go!


So I got a jump rope today. Problem is, I got a bit overwhelmed when I got to the jump rope section. I probably should have done a bit more research,  but since it was just me and the kiddos, I had to make quick decisions. I ended up getting  nylon rope because of the length... but I think I'll go back later this week and get 'speed rope' - which I think it what I was supposed to do in the first place. 

I also did some looking around online and found out that approximately 10 minutes of jump rope equals running a mile. Which now that I think about it ... why wouldn't it? You're jumping pretty fast ... kind of like running ... except in place.

I also read an article that said you should start with 5 minutes. If you need to take a break, that's fine, but don't rest for longer than 15-20 seconds. Since I have absolutely no idea how I'll fair on this, I'm just shooting for 5 minutes. Depending on how I do with that, I'll either stay at that, or increase slowly. 

So that's it. Just 5 minutes. So try it out and let me know what you think. 

As for me? I need to finish up this episode of BOF. I'm sad to report that the husband is actually sleeping next to me... so disappointed in him. So disappointed. But we still have 22 more episodes left to get him hooked. 

Alright, I need to finish up the rest of my 'alone time' with Jun Pyo. It's kinda hard to come by these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment