Tuesday, July 12, 2011

WOW


Okay - so I had my first Korean lesson today. My tutor is this cute little Korean boy who has a super deep voice. Totally not expecting him to be so little. But let me tell you - this kid is SMART. He goes to a UC that's just over 30 minutes from where I live. 

Anyway, I brought my lesson book (that I bought online) and he brought a book as well. All we did today was go over the consonants and vowels and practiced saying them. Aigoo! Was it HARD! There are some vowels that my mouth literally cannot pronounce. I'm not kidding. There are consonants that I swear to you sound the exact same, but apparently they are different.

But regardless, I really enjoyed my lesson. And because I am old, I'm already forgetting how to pronounce some of the letters, so I spent forever tracking down a YouTube video that could help me. I have a lot to practice, but I'm actually really excited about it. What's interesting, is from the way it looks, I'm going to be able to read Korean, before I'll know what any of it means. That kinda makes me laugh. 

But enough about that. It's time to go to bed. I have some projects lined up for the next couple of days. The kiddos are gone and I'll be focusing on ORGANIZING my house. It's been straightened up a ton since we had company (so I had to get things back in order) and the next few days I have some time reserved to focus solely on getting things in their proper places, and figure out what I need to donate/sell/give-away. I'm really excited to finally finish that up and while I'm doing that for part of the day, I have to catch up on the 1200 piece order that I'm supposed to have done in the next couple of weeks. So it's a busy time for sure. 

So what do you guys have going on this week? Anything fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment