Sunday, November 6, 2011

worst nightmare happened today

Yeah. So my daughter asked me if I had a baby in my belly. To be fair, her pre-school teacher is pregnant so they've been talking about babies ... and the way I carry my 'fat', totally makes me look pregnant. In fact, I'm actually quite self conscious when I go into baby stores shopping because I'm afraid someone is going to ask me when I'm 'due'. 

I honestly didn't freak out. And I didn't cry either. I think I kinda expected it to happen at some point. So of course I just explained to her that people come in all different shapes and sizes .. and I avoided words like 'fat' or 'over-weight'. That was mostly due to the fact that those words would 're-surface' at really awkward times ... like she'd probably see someone and be like, 'they're not having a baby, right Mommy? They're just fat, right?' And that kind of situation would be WAY more awkward that our 'I'm not having a baby' conversation.

Of course this is GREAT motivation to get back to being serious about the weight loss. So I decided to come up with a new plan. I'm going to go back to the Gym on Monday. I'm also going to delete the weight loss tracker on the right and just start over. 

That's it. Simple. A fresh start, and I gotta get moving. Now that I have a referral, going back to Korea seems WAY more real. 

No comments:

Post a Comment