Saturday, October 15, 2011

the Field Trip

So our day started out with a child who got little-to-no sleep, us arriving late, and the weather being a toasty 85+ degrees out. I think this picture pretty much sums up the trip:


So while the Pumpkin Patch wasn't a total hit, it was nice to take part in a Fall-ish activity. I'm really looking forward to the weather cooling down. We had a little taste of some low temps last week, but sadly ... they've disappeared. 

But enough about that ... let's get back to Primal living. 

So here's the deal. If you've gone on the Primal website and looked around, you'll find that there isn't a 'sample menu' that you can just follow. So please keep the following in mind:

1) NO legumes
2) NO grains (pasta, rice, etc)
3) NO dairy (some will have greek yogurt, or some aged cheese - you can find a list on the website)
4) NO sugar (but you can have dark chocolate if you want - at least 70%)

Cook with butter (if you choose to do some dairy), olive oil, ghee or coconut oil. Remember that fat is your friend!

If you buy Organic/Free Range meat, then it doesn't matter what the fat percentage is (not that I would get 'full fat' or anything like that), but if you don't (which is fine), then make sure you get a low fat percentage.

Okay - so here's what I eat ... but keep in mind, I'm kind of a creature of habit. 

Breakfast: If I eat it, I'll have bacon, with 2 eggs cooked in the bacon fat. But usually, I skip breakfast

Lunch: My go-to salad has either mixed greens, or butter lettuce. I add some english cucumber, cherry tomatoes, a few black olives, 2 hard boiled eggs and some chicken breast. I toss it in a little Olive Oil and salt/pepper. It's probably one of my favorite meals. 

Dinner: Usually a meat of some sort, and then steamed vegetables that are finished off in a little melted butter and salt/pepper. (although lately, my favorite has been pork chops, with some thin apple slices finished in the butter)

I would say that on a typical day, I'll skip breakfast and eat lunch and dinner. I do have dark chocolate and when I want something sweet I'll cut up an apple and have some smoked gouda with it. The chocolate/cheese/fruit is something I need to pull back on. There are people who can eat a lot of fruit and still have weight loss. I think I fall in the 'moderate' category... with less being more for me (unfortunately).

So that's basically what I eat. If you have any questions - please ask away! I'll answer them the best I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment