Friday, October 28, 2011

long weekend ahead


Like always, I have a long weekend ahead of me. I have some lofty goals of what I need to get accomplished in the time frame I have available to me. So wish me luck! I'm hoping to be done with my current project in less than 2 weeks. I really hope I can do it in less time, but that's my current goal. Another current goal? To make better food choices.


BREAKFAST:
coffee w/creamer

LUNCH:
4 mini pumpkin chocolate chip muffins that I threw away ...
.... in my mouth!

DINNER:
pork chop
carrots and zucchini
a few sauteed apples

EXTRA:
less than 1 Diet Pepsi
a handful of Honey BBQ Frito Twists
a couple of handfuls of random Halloween candy
another coffee w/creamer


I'm going to be honest with you. I'm planning on getting Subway tomorrow for lunch. Yes - it's bread. No, I'm not supposed to have it - but when I'm working under the conditions that I am, its super nice (and convenient) to not have to 'think' about what I need to eat. I can just get it, eat quickly and then get back to work. I don't have to spend a bunch of time boiling eggs, cooking chicken and cutting up vegetables to make a salad. Trust me, getting Subway takes WAY less time. 

But another decision I've made is that I don't think I'm going to take on these big projects anymore ... or at least I won't for a long time. It's too stressful and honestly, it's a bit hard to balance the work with everything else. It's totally time consuming - and granted, it is purely my fault as I was given plenty of time to get it done, but then I put it off thinking I had too much time, and then the kiddos got sick and ... well ... I'm left with a super stressful situation. I'm very thankful for these work opportunities as the company I partner with has been super great to me, but I think there might be better ways for me to spent my work time ... and of course, it would allow me more time to focus on my health (which is equally as important).

Well, I have a few more things I need to get done before calling it a night, so I guess I'll say good-bye for now. If you have fun plans for the weekend - let me know. That way I can live vicariously through you.

No comments:

Post a Comment