Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Great Dairy Debate

Today was another good day. I know my calorie count was on the lower side and I'm pretty sure I came in well under. For dinner I had some rotisserie turkey (I know, I'm sure it's loaded with salt... but it's baby steps... baby steps) and I roasted some asparagus and sweet potatoes (and these are the 'white' sweet potatoes, not the orangey 'yam' variety). I cut the sweet potatoes in round slices vs cutting it in half length wise. So I still get to eat some, without over eating or filling up on them. I also heated up some frozen white corn. 

Good times. Good times. 

I'm also super excited because a girlfriend of mine is really passionate about eating healthy (and she looks freaking Ah - mazing) and she's offered to take me on a field trip to Trader Joe's. Now, I've been to Trader Joe's before, in fact, many a times, but this time I'll be going with new eyes. I'll be looking for different items than I normally stock up on. I'll be sure to post photos of what I get afterwards. 

But enough about that, tonight I want to get your input on... well... DAIRY.

I hear such mixed reviews on the stuff. It's good... it's bad... so what is it to you? I actually love non-fat cottage cheese. In fact, if it has any fat in it, I can't eat it. I like having it with a bit of fruit. In fact, I could eat that all day long. But my trainer told me to stay away from it. Something about the body having a tougher time breaking it down... or something like that. Oh, and I love cheese. But that's a given.

So do you eat it? Is it a daily thing? On occasion? 

*** just to make it clear, this is not meant to start WWIII over who is 'more right' on their view. I really learn so much from other people's perspectives as to why they choose what they choose. So any input that you share will help me develop the choice that is right for me. Wow. Now if that didn't sound PC I don't know what will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment