Monday, November 29, 2010

wow ... I even surprised myself

My calorie count was way on the low side today as I ended up eating some super low calorie meals (like egg white omelets, and a little spelt 'taco' of sorts) so I allowed myself to have some bigger snacks. One of which, was my evening treat. I've allowed myself to have 2 squares of Lindt Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt each night. I literally eat the squares by taking super small bites and sucking out every ounce of flavor that I possibly can. Not even kidding. It lasts longer that way. 

Anyway, since I had my edible calorie surplus tonight, I decided to really treat myself and have FOUR squares of chocolate. I just finished eating them a little bit ago and honestly, I kinda feel a bit sick. It was too much. Can you believe that? I actually think I ate TOO MUCH chocolate. What is happening to me?! 

But not to worry, I still have my sweet tooth. In fact, I started doing some calculations. Since my birthday is rapidly approaching, I started thinking about what I'm going to celebrate with (like... what kind of cake or treat will I be shoving into my mouth on my special day). There is a bakery down the street from my house that makes the most delectable lemon souffle cake I've ever tasted in my entire life. So I have to admit that the thought did cross my mind that maybe I should buy an entire cake for me to consume by myself ... but then I moved on. (I know, a big whew, right?!) My favorite cake flavor is actually good old basic 'white' cake with chocolate frosting ... so that was considered as well. And then I figured it out. 

I love cheesecake. In fact, my favorite is the Vanilla Bean Cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory. So I looked up the calories in that and guess what, it's over 800 calories PER SLICE. So I figure - SWEET, that's a huge calorie tradeoff for something. And I found the most perfect thing to trade it with. 

Trader Joe's has these Peppermint Pretzel Thins that are absolutely amazing. They're these super thin pretzels that are dipped in white chocolate and sprinkled with peppermint bits. Heaven in every bite. And the only reason I know is because after I passed by them on two separate trips (passed by as in I only stared at them, I didn't touch the bag), the husband decided to buy them on our last trip there. And who am I to deny my husband, right? (and of course I ate one - and ONLY one - I swear!)

A bag of those babies weigh in at a whopping 800+ calories ... and seriously, I think they have almost the exact the same calorie equivalent as the cheesecake. So doesn't logic say I can have the entire bag of those things instead of eating a single slice of Cheesecake?

... please say yes ... please say yes ... please say yes ...

So I'm still deciding what I'm actually going to do ... but I kinda want to be gluttonous and eat the whole bag. Which I know I'll end up looking like some crack addict taking secret hits from the bag when I think no-one is looking. But .... maybe that's a risk I'm willing to take. 


No comments:

Post a Comment