Tuesday, November 23, 2010

It's Getting Easier

Last night I got an email on Facebook from my old college room mate. We only live about 45 minute apart from each other, but for some reason it's always hard for us to get together. She had a few days off and wanted to know if I had any time to hang out. I happened to have this morning 'open' so I offered for them to come to my house and the girls could play (she has a daughter who's just a couple of months older than mine) and we could chat, and then have lunch. 

For the first time it was super easy to make good choices. My frig was stocked with healthy choices and so I made us my favorite salad. I made lunch for the kiddos and I wasn't tempted to eat any of the 'veggie chips' that I gave them, or the low fat cookies. I feel like things are starting to become a 'habit' or maybe I should even use the term 'lifestyle change'. 

I don't know what it is, but this time is so different from the other times I've tried to lose weight. I'm not stressed about it, and I'm sticking to it. It doesn't seem hard at this point. Don't get me wrong, I know there will be tough days ahead, but I feel like there's less pressure.

This time around there are no insane expectations or restrictions. I still 'treat' myself every day, but this time it's controlled and I'm not just letting myself eat what ever I want. 

and I have to say. It feels really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment