Thursday, November 25, 2010

Let's Do it!

Today was really great. Especially considering my night was super not. My son decided that he didn't want to sleep for the majority of the night. I have NO CLUE what was going on ... maybe some late 'grieving', I don't know. But it was super lame for me. (he's totally fine now, so no worries!)

I ate one plateful (and I mean plateful) of Thanksgiving deliciousness. I didn't feel guilty and I enjoyed every bite. Although I have to say that my consumption speed was slower than normal as I had to feed an impatient little boy who was sitting next to me in his high chair. After the meal was all said and done my Mom said that was the worst Thanksgiving meal that she has ever eaten. She thought the turkey was rubbery and the stuffing was burnt. I thought the turkey was great and I actually enjoy things 'crispy' so it didn't phase me in the slightest. And I definitely told her so. Maybe my lack of eating 'comfort food' has altered my perception of tasty goodness, but I thought it tasted pretty darn good. 

For dessert I had a half slice of Apple Pie and a half slice of Pumpkin Pie (so I would think I was only having one piece of pie) with just a little dab of vanilla bean ice cream. Oh yeah, I also had a super small mint brownie. 

Okay. So that was a lot of food. But it was fun, I thoroughly enjoyed it, but as I said before, I'm REALLY glad that I'm getting back to my 'new/normal' eating habits. I didn't drink nearly enough water and I saw how easily it was for me to lose any sense of self control when I started heaping piles of food onto my plate. So again, it just confirmed that I have a long ways to go, but at the same time, I didn't feel guilty.  I went into this day knowing and allowing myself to have this day to eat. 

My plan of attack for tomorrow is to not only make good/healthy food choices, but I'm going to burn some of those calories I consumed with some Black Friday SHOPPING!

Oh yeah ... here I come! So I gotta get to bed ... 3:30am is going to come way sooner than I think!


No comments:

Post a Comment