Monday, November 22, 2010

Spelt ... know what it is?

Today was my field trip to Trader Joes. First off, my TJ has the most HORRIBLE parking lot. It's almost enough to make me NOT want to go. But of course I 'bucked up' and went anyway (with both kiddos in tow). I don't know if this is normal or not, but it was packed. Not sure if was the break in the rain we've been having, or the fact that it's just a few days before Thanksgiving, but the ambiance was not conducive to browsing the shelves and reading labels. Thankfully my girlfriend knew where all the good stuff was located so we were able to navigate the crowds and get out of there without too much of a hassle. 

Right now the batteries in my camera are dead, so tomorrow I'll post some photos of what I got. But for now, I will say that I did buy a single serving of Greek Yogurt and tomorrow I am mustering up the courage to try it. I have no idea why I'm so scared of the stuff, but for some reason I am. So I'll be sure to let you know what I think of it. 

Oh - and Spelt ... I got some tortillas made of Spelt. Not something I would ever buy on my own accord, but since I haven't eaten bread of any sort for over a week, I have to say, they tasted rather good. I took a spelt tortilla, added a few black beans, a few little pinches of rice, a slight dash of cheese, and thin slices of cucumber and tomato. I actually ate two of them. The calorie count was high because of the tortillas are 120 calories each. Oh - and I ate 2 of them. It was really filling (which is what I was going for) and then I had that meal again at dinner. 

I still did well with my calories for the day (despite the double high calorie meal) but learned that eating too many beans isn't good for my system. And I'll just leave it at. 

No comments:

Post a Comment