Sunday, November 14, 2010

Oh hey... fancy meeting you here!

So as you can see from the title, I'm not suffering from some weird addiction or vice. So I hope you're not devastatingly disappointed. But my weight is something that I want to take seriously. My previous post tells all the 'background', but not surprisingly, I got a bit wordy. I do apologize, and can guarantee it's not always going to be like that. 

And if any of you do decide to stick around, I hope that you'll 'participate'. If you're already some workout fanatic, then please, share your tricks! And if you're finding that you want to drop a few pounds, feel free to check in daily as well! Just leave a comment to document your progress. It would actually be nice to know that I'm not alone in this thing. 

I have to say, even though it's only been 24 hours, I had some success today. I ate oatmeal for breakfast, a super delicious salad for lunch and for a mid-afternoon I had a banana. But then we had our first 'post placement' visit tonight with our social worker and things went a bit down hill. I had a small piece of this chocolate cake/brownie thing that I had made the other day (I mean, it was only polite to not make her eat it alone, right?) and then I had spaghetti for dinner (and I'm pretty sure my serving size was too big). I needed to fix something quick since the meeting spilled over into dinner time... and well... that was easy. Oh, and I just had a grape popsicle. I love those things. 

Well, tomorrow is a new day, and I plan on taking the kids for a walk. I'm hoping to make that a part of my daily routine each morning. Wish me luck. I think I may need it as I seem to usually quit right about now. 

7 comments:

  1. Annoying random stranger again.

    If you get the urge for a treat, try the Deep Chocolate VitaTops (in the freezer section). They give you a chocolate hit, and actually have some things in them (protein and maybe fiber, I can't remember) that make you feel full for a while.

    If you like yogurt, try Chobani raspberry it is so delicious, and has a TON of protein (double that of regular yogurt).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every day is a new day! Don't let yourself quit b/c of one meal (or, snack)! Also, don't try to change everything right away. You did awesome from morning to mid afternoon - which is more than you had done the day before, right? Keep up the great work! WE can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I've been an exercise freak, then got burned out, so gradually, my weight has come back, BUT I am still able to fit into my size four skinny jeans, granted, they are the stretch denim, but at least I can feel like I still am a size four.

    Be easy on yourself or you will be disappointed and then it all stops. I always say, set small goals, ones that can be attained.

    I don't exclude a thing from my diet and I don't believe in diet foods/drinks of any kind. My house if full of junk food. I grew up with junk food and I turned out just fine. I feel restriction is too negative so go for the positives!

    I was thinking of going public also with my weight control issue since I had surgery and had six, ok, seven weeks of NO movement of any kind. I am 5' 1" and so people always say I am SO tiny--what are they looking at? Just because I'm short doesn't mean I'm tiny. I think I just hide it well. So for you, I will tell you my weight, I weigh 139 lbs. My goal is to get back to my weight on my license, which was the truth at the time, 120 lbs.

    So hang in there, be nice to yourself and I will continue to tell you of my progress. Slowly but surely we can do this together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel- I'm with you. I weigh now what I did when I was NINE MONTHS PREGNANT! We started the herbalife weight management plan and are having healthy meal shakes (or in my case smoothies) for meal replacement 1 or 2 times a day. Mike has done awesome- he's lost 15+ lbs in just 2 months. I have gained 2 lbs because I had a hard recovery from my last surgery. Step #1- remove bad food from the house and don't buy junk food. #2- portion control. #3 exercise. I weigh 142 lbs and want to get back to 125 lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel, I'm with ya!!!! I feel the same way about many things and so I'll be glad to encourage you along the way.

    I've been on the 'healthy track' for about 3 months now. I decided to really ramp up the exercise and be 'mindful' of what I'm eating. Too much restriction and change makes me bitter and frustrated.

    When I started running I couldn't make it around the block! Now I'm running 3-5 miles at a time with my goal being my first half marathon in April of 2011 in KC. WE CAN DO THIS!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rachel, I just found your new blog and GOOD FOR YOU!! Weight is an ARGH for me. It is constant and I always have to work. Using a group forum as a support group is a fabulous thing to do.

    Two secrets..1. always pick yourself and start again. NEVER beat yourself up over a failure. Just refocus and go forward. 2. Baby steps. Tackle each step one at a time. You can't change old habits overnight.

    I will be reading your blog and cheering your successes and encouraging when the steps are backwards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know this is totally random, but I am a friend of Mary Leigh's and have been following your blog since you traveled. Anyway, I have recently lost 20 pounds and did so using AdvoCare vitamins and supplements. My husband has lost over 45 pounds. We had such great results, my husband became an Advocare Independent Distributor to help fund our son's adoption. You can read our story here: www.ItJustTakesASpark.com and our blog www.BubbaAndBoo.blogspot.com

    Good luck on your journey to get fit! We would love to help!
    Casey

    ReplyDelete