Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's getting closer...

Today was actually a really good day. My son slept until 10am - which in some ways was absolutely fabulous, but once you finally get your day started, you realize how much that screws everything up. Like meal times... nap times... you get the picture. But because I was 'off' on everything and felt like I was always trying to catch up, it left me no time to think about food.

I started my morning with the husband getting oatmeal from Jamba Juice. He told me that it was under 300 calories - SCORE! But it's actually just under 400 calories. Hmm. I was going over to a friend's house this afternoon and I was going to watch her youngest son while she went to pick up the older one from pre-school. Well, I lost track of time and realized that I was late. I quickly grabbed food for the kids (since they were now having a later lunch time) and realized that I had nothing that I could take with me for me. I cringed and the decision I was about to make, but I went through the Taco Bell drive through.

I ordered 2 Bean & Cheese Burritos, with no red sauce and I added extra lettuce and tomato. Once I got to my girlfriend's house, I looked up the nutritional values. Each of my burritos were 170 calories. I checked what it would be without cheese, and it was 163... so honestly, I'll eat those extra 7 calories no problem!

Anyway, it's not like I'm going to make a habit of eating Taco Bell, but 340 calories to me, isn't too bad. Especially since my calorie count for the day is a decent amount (I had my calories calculated to see how much I should be eating per day to lose 2lbs per week). I still had plenty of calories to spare, but for dinner I had the salad I had a few days ago (I got more chicken). So right now I'm under my calorie count for the day. Nice!

But even though I feel like today was pretty good, I have to say, I'm kind of dreading Sunday. Sunday morning will be the day I weigh in. And if history repeats itself, then I won't lose anything. My body is a slow reactor. You may not be aware of this, but I have a trainer. I've trained with 5 different trainers throughout the past 5 years. I can eat 'clean', work out, and at the end of a week, I won't lose a thing. It's the most frustrating thing ever. And honestly, that's what makes me quit. Every time. (I haven't been back to the gym in a while because I don't want to put my son in the childcare yet since he's only been home for a month. Also, since we're entering cold & flu season I get paranoid that my kids will get sick. But at some point, I'll go back there.)

So while I'm preparing for disappointment, I really don't want to be.

Oh, and just incase anyone else is doing their own little 'journey' - feel free to post your own little 'weigh in' on here. It would be fun to be able to celebrate everyone's accomplishments. I'm only going to be posting what I've lost (and heaven forbid, gained), as I'm not about go all Biggest-Loser-no-T-shirt-post-my-weight-for-all-to-see on you guys.

Since I post at night, the 'Weigh In' post will be up on Monday morning, so please join me. I'd love to encourage you all, as you've encouraged me.

No comments:

Post a Comment