Saturday, May 14, 2011

still tired

The picnic was fun today - and I met a bunch of 'friends' in real life for the first time. One of the things I love about the Adoption Community is the connection you get with other families who are experiencing the same things you are. It's super neat. 

But the highlight of this picnic was one particular woman I met. First - I noticed her as soon as she arrived at the picnic as she was probably one of THE MOST beautiful Koreans I've ever seen. She had that 'effortless cool' style/vibe going and she had the most beautiful and adorable little girl. Fast forward to us 'meeting' because my son is playing with her daughter. Turns out - the husband was talking with her earlier and he found out that she traveled to Korea about a week after me. So we were talking further about our kids, and she told me her daughter was actually a photo-listed child.

To make a long story short: I discovered that I had actually requested her daughter's file. 

I had requested her daughter's file - passed on it - and then ended up accepting my son's file. I always wondered what happened to that little girl and I can't even begin to explain how happy my heart is to know that not only is she incredibly loved, but she is TOTALLY HEALTHY AND THRIVING! There were some 'issues' that were beyond what we felt capable of handling - that's why we passed. But it turns out she was CLEARED of all of that. 

Pretty amazing, don't you think? And just so you know, I don't have any 'sadness' or feelings of regret for not moving forward, or thinking she 'should/could' have been mind. It just confirmed even more to me that we all end up with the kids we are MEANT to have. She is a PERFECT fit with her parents, just as I believe my son is a perfect fit me and the husband. 

So on that happy note... I shall go to sleep, and dream happy thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment