Saturday, May 28, 2011

SUCCESS {finally}

Today turned into another busy day, but I accomplished my task and I feel pretty darn good about it. I'm sitting here, on my couch, and it's TOTALLY cleaned off. Well, I guess not totally. I have a 'tray' in the corner of the sectional right next to me. On top of that I have a box of tissues (which we use a lot actually), the remotes, and my drink. other than that, there's just a few couch pillows. I actually have a ton of pillows, but I stacked the extras at the end of the couch on the floor. 

I have to say - I love it. I'm SO glad that I finally got it done! I was talking to one of my girlfriend's on the phone and I thought to myself, 'just start cleaning the couch. now is the perfect time' - and it turns out it was. By chit-chatting with my friend, I didn't think about how annoying this job usually is. 

I didn't get my daughter's room done, but we did get a small toy box for it where she can stash all her 'special' toys. I told her that from now on, she has to keep all her special stuff in there. She can bring a few items down during the day (and I have a special container for her to put those items in) but when it's time to go to bed, she has to take everything back up stairs. She agreed to the plan, so we'll see how tomorrow pans out.

so my next task will be:

PUT CLOTHES AWAY IN THE BOY'S ROOM

I started switching out my son's clothes a few weeks ago. He was at that annoying stage where the current size was getting too small, but the next size up was slightly too big. Some items needed to be switched out, while others could still stay. The project was started, but never finished. But now it's very clear that he's in the next size up, so it really is time to put the 'old' size away. So that's what I want to do. It shouldn't take long. For reals. I already have a bin in his closet that contains clothes that are 'too small' - so I have what I need. 

I'm ready to bust this out. So wish me luck that I'll get it done... or at least not take 3 days like last time.


No comments:

Post a Comment