Wednesday, April 6, 2011

hmmm...

So no-one had any suggestions for new Challenges. I feel you on that one. 

Today I read another friend's blog and she talked about her on-going battle with her weight. She's lost over 40lbs (which I'm super jealous over) but the past month was a bit tougher for her to lose. (I think she said she did 3 pounds during that month)

You know, it just got me thinking about weight loss in general. Why is it such a tough thing? Or I guess the question is, why is it so tough FOR ME. Why is it that some people are blessed with super fast metabolism or they naturally are drawn to exercising or running?

Tonight was a tough night for me - eating wise. Dinners seem to be the hardest meal for me to make. My kids dietary needs are polar opposite from each other, and the husband's schedule fluctuates every week. Tonight was a late night - so I can't do one of those 'make one meal for everyone' type of thing. And if I'm being honest. I don't cook much. So I need things that are quick and easy. By the time I'm finished feeding the kids, it's late, and I'm tired, and that's when I want to snack or grab quick foods that aren't the best choices. 

And tonight ... I let myself get in a bad mood. I really felt like a good deli sandwich. I never put mayo on sandwiches, for reals. So I feel like it can't be ALL that bad. I just craved some type of really good bread, and some type of 'meat', lettuce, tomato, pickle ... maybe a slice of cheese. But that would be a ridiculous amount of points because of the bread (and cheese). And I kinda just got mad. I mean, will I NEVER be able to have a freaking sandwich again?! Will I NEVER be able to eat a slice of bread (and not some bland tasting low calorie, low carb junk, but REAL bread. GREAT TASTING bread!)

But the good thing is that my Mom helped put it in perspective. She said that I'm just focusing on losing some weight right now. It's not forever, but it's going to take some work. So to say 'never' about eating certain things can be a bit much. Which I agree. And I appreciate her talking me off the ledge. 

But losing weight is still hard. But if it were easy, I wouldn't be writing this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment