Monday, April 11, 2011

Let's DO IT!


If you read the comments on my blog, then you know that earlier today the 'Couch to 5K' was brought to my attention. And guess what. I'm actually considering doing it. The problem is that I can't run. For reals. I lack the endurance and the lung capacity. I pretty much stop breathing after 30 seconds... and no, I'm not referring to actually running, but a light jog. 

I looked at the program and I think it's doable... but I'm a bit skeptical on whether or not I can accomplish running a 5K in 2 months. Part of me thinks I need to 'ease into' the program. (which isn't THAT intense to begin with)

Part of me thinks that I should just take this coming week and walk every day JUST to get myself into the habit of doing that (since I haven't been doing ANYTHING - and that's not an exaggeration). Then next week start the program. 

Any thoughts? Comments?  I'll weigh in on what I actually think tomorrow, after I get my first walk in. 

The plan is to go for a walk first thing in the morning. I'll make the kids a sippy cup, and then off we'll go. They can have a 'real breakfast' when we get back. It sounds doable. So now I just have to go do it. 

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment