Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What A Difference A Day Makes


So just a couple of days ago, I was doing nothing (as far as my exercise regime went).

And then yesterday I went for a walk.

Today, I went for a walk again.

And guess what's going to happen NEXT WEEK. 


Um ... I'll be like an exercising freak.

Here's the dealio:

I actually got a new stroller. Which those of you who know me, know that strollers are a weakness of mine. I don't question the insanity - I just accept it. But the truth of the matter is that I needed a new jogging stroller. (since I think I'm going to become a runner - even though I can't even jog right now) Part of the promise I made myself, was that if I bought this new stroller, then I HAD to be committed to walking/jogging/running/whatever. So for the past two days, I've done that.

Well. Today I got a text from my trainer (who I haven't seen in ... well... maybe 8 months?). He wanted to check on me and see how things were going. I told him good (which means: please don't ask me to come in, I really don't feel like it) and then I started telling him that I needed him to get wireless internet at the gym so I can watch kdramas on my ipad. I told him how I called other locations to see if they had it (and they don't) and that I called the Apple Store to see if the new ipad 2 with 3G would allow me to watch the kdramas by streaming it (which drains the battery and your data plan very quickly) and then I called back to see if my iphone could serve as a 'hot spot' and would that allow me to watch them ...

Anyway, through all my 'research', it came down to the fact that I needed wireless internet if I was going to watch my kdramas. And you'll never believe what happened next. He said he would give me the 'code' so I could have access. 

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!

So starting Monday, I'll be going back to the gym in the morning. I'll be doing a 1/2 hour training session, and then I'll watch a kdrama for about an hour. I'll either be on the treadmill, or on the bike. Or maybe I switch it up half way through. We'll see what happens. But not only that - I'll still go for a walk in the evening after dinner - since I still have to use my stroller. Plus, I have my 5K training starting in a couple of weeks. So I'm REALLY getting my exercise on. 

I'm actually SUPER excited about this. I would start sooner, but tomorrow is my wonderful daughter's birthday, so we have things planned all day. And then I have a ton of adoption stuff I have to finish up in the next couple of days as we have our last post placement visit for our son. So Monday is the perfect start day for that. 

Oh - and another reason I'm excited about it all, is that I came up with a super huge 'prize' for myself. The second weekend in December (which is a week after my Finish Date), I'm headed to Vegas! I'm SUPER PUMPED ABOUT IT. And I have another mini-goal - I'm headed to an Adoption Picnic in August and that is EXACTLY HALF WAY between now and my final goal. How super cool is that?!

So I know I just wrote a novel, but I feel like so much has happened - and I'm just so excited about all of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment