Friday, April 1, 2011

Food Friday (a few hours late)

Whoops. Look who forgot to post (again). Last night I was doing my last-minute-get-my-tax-information episode and I had my WW cook book next to me ready to post. But then the husband got back from the airport picking up his friend who is visiting from back East. So I got side-tracked. 

Anyway - here is the first recipe I opened the cook book to:

Grilled Nectarines
w/Raspberry Sorbet & Berries

LEVEL: Basic
PREP: 15 minutes
GRILL: 5 minutes
SERVES: 4
POINTS: 5 (per serving)

{ingredients}
4 large nectarines, halved and pitted
1.5 tablespoons sugar
1 pint raspberry sorbet (slightly softened)
1 (6 ounce) container of raspberries
4 fresh mint sprigs


1) Preheat grill to medium or prepare medium fire using direct method.

2) Spray cut sides of nectarines with olive oil nonstick spray and sprinkle evenly with sugar. Place nectarines, cut side down, on grill rack and grill, turning once, until slightly softened and nicely marked, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to plate.

3) Place 2 nectarine halves on each of 4 plates. Place 1/4 cup scoop of sorbet in each half. Scatter raspberries around nectarines and garnish each serving with mint sprig.


*** and let me just add that the photo looks divine! ***

No comments:

Post a Comment