Thursday, February 3, 2011

Food Friday!

Hey, hey, HAY! Look who's in a super great mood because she finished ALL.OF.HER.ORDERS so now she has a life again! Yes, it's ME!

Seriously - I'm super happy about being done. A huge weight has been lifted and now I can move on to bigger and better things. Which is organizing my house. I'm switching the current play room with my office so my office can be downstairs. And while the new office location is actually much smaller than the old location, it's waaaaaaaay more convenient, it also has a phone jack for my fax machine. So that's kind of sealed the deal for me. 

So once I boxed up the last order, I started organizing everything that is all over and started the 'switch'. And let me tell you - it's a work out. We're moving furniture, lifting books, bins, bolts... you name it. And I'm not even close to being done. But once it's finished, my work will run SO much smoother (at least that's what I'm hoping) and I'm totally burning calories at the same time. Kinda sounds like a win-win to me!

But enough about that - let's start sharing those Ground Turkey Recipes!

Here's mine:

Grandma Hurst's Fast Chili & Noodles

1lb Ground Turkey 
(normally it's ground beef, but I switched it)
1 medium chopped onion
2 cans tomato soup
chili powder (to taste)
1 large can of red kidney beans

Brown ground turkey and onion, add salt and pepper to taste. Add two cans of tomato soup and 1/2 can of water. Add kidney beans and chili powder (as hot as you  like it - about 1-2 T). Simmer for 10 minutes and serve over cooked egg noodles. 

*******************************************************

Honestly - this is a really quick meal to make and for some reason - I LOVE IT. I'm not a chili fan, but I'll eat this by the bucket full - okay, so maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I really do like it. We always try and keep the ingredients on hand so we can make it on a whim. And when I say 'we', I really mean 'the husband' as he's the one that actually cooks this. It's one of his favorite meals too. 

I'm not sure when we actually made the switch to ground turkey, but we did - and honestly - we don't miss the ground beef at all! So I really hope you guys like this too. If you end up making it - let me know what you think! Oh - and my Grandma really did come up with recipe herself. She was an amazing cook. She was known as being able to make a full blown, delicious meal from nothing. She was just cool like that. 


Next Week's Main Ingredient is:

ANY GREEN VEGETABLE

I know this sounds really vague, but I did it on purpose.
I figure there are a ton of different green vegetables so I'm hoping
that everyone will pick a different one. 
But even if there's 'repeats', it'll be alright.

So share your Ground Turkey recipes!!!
I can't wait to see what they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment