Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sorry about this...

... but this is going to be an 'off topic' post.

My son is having a super rough night right now. I think he's having a little bout of grieving. It seems like whenever he has been over stimulated, he'll have a little 'set back'. It made me super sad tonight as his cries where so incredibly sad. He was looking around his room like he didn't know where he was and then would lean back to look at my face. He'd go back to looking around, and then again, lean back to look at me. After a moment he'd get this really sad expression, and just start to cry. But this time he did seek me for comfort. He would lay his head on my shoulder and 'hug' me with his arms while he cried. 

I finally got him to go back to sleep, but that was the second time he woke up tonight, so I'm hoping that he's so exhausted that he'll stay asleep this time.

As for me, I'm super tired as well. My Dad's 70th birthday party was super fun, I ate a ton, and now I'm thoroughly exhausted as well. So I'm going to head to bed... although I'll probably sleep with one 'ear' open so I can hear my son if he wakes up again. 

Good night, and I'll see you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment