Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Well... I did it


Do you know what this is:

that's my view from the ground after I was finished.


I'm kidding. But I really did do it.

So right before nap time approached I started getting whiny with myself. It was like all of the sudden I had all these really important new flower concepts that I had to figure out how to make. And I felt really tired and I was SO MAD at myself for saying that I would try this stupid DVD.

But I put the boy down for his nap, and I looked for the DVD. For a moment I thought I was going to get out of it because I couldn't find it, but wouldn't you know it - it was in a bag in the pantry. Aw phooey.

I moaned and groaned to myself while taking off the packaging and then popped the DVD in. And thanks to all of you who mentioned that the 5lb weights were a bit much at first, I decided to take that note to heart. And instead of weights (since I actually don't have any) I grabbed two cans of Tuna. They weigh approximately 5 oz each, so there was NO WAY I could over do it. 

The DVD started, and off I went. Now... I need to make another confessions. I modified the modified exercises (meaning: I did an even easier version of the lowest impact exercises). The reason is simple. I need to be able to walk tomorrow. The first time my trainer had me do walking lunges, I couldn't walk or sit for 3 days without screaming. I'm now a Mom of two - that can't happen. But I did get my heart rate up and I did break a sweat. Nice! Oh - and when it was time for me to grab my  weights  tuna cans, I looked over and my dear little daughter was holding her brother's cars as she tried to do the exercises too. Yep - she had a hot wheel in each of her little fists. Super cute. 

So here's what I think. It's doable. Granted, how much effort you put into it, will vary your results. I actually feel pretty tired and I have a feeling that I will 'feel' it tomorrow (even with my lowest of low impact modifications). I plan on doing it again tomorrow, and just doing what I can - without stopping. So I guess I have another self imposed challenge. I plan on doing Level 1 every day for 10 days. Then I'll switch to Level 2 for 10 days, and then Level 3 for 10 days. So who's in it with me?! Anyone? Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment