Saturday, March 26, 2011

Can you believe ...


that I lost

1 pound

and believe it or not, I am MORE THRILLED about my
one pound than anything else I've done.

know why?

It's because I 'tested' out the system. After being frustrated with my weight loss last week, I kinda got this bad attitude and was like, 'dude - if this is how it's going to be, then I'm going to see what happens if I eat junk but stay within my points'. And that's exactly what I did. 

Honestly, last week I had: a cheese burger 'protein style', a turkey burger (with cheese), 6 chicken nuggets, fries on 3 separate occasions, Korean food, a burrito and a crunchy taco. ALL OF THAT AND I STILL LOST A POUND! And don't forget I'm not exercising either.

So Weight Watchers has me CONVINCED that it'll work. Granted, I won't be splurging like that all the time, but now it feels like I've exhausted my bit of rebellion and I can fully trust the program. Last week I didn't even use all my 'extra' points. I still had 23 left! It's insane!

Today I ate well, was totally satisfied, and for an evening snack I used my last 3 points to have one of those 100 calorie chocolate bars from Trader Joes. Perfection.

So now I have a new week ahead of me and I'm super stoked. I love this. For the lazy person in me (which takes up a huge portion) I've found my 'go to' foods that makes eating easy. I know there's a whole world of Weight Watcher meals that I can explore, but right now, I just don't have the time. But it's okay. What I'm doing is doable. 

Oh - and my new favorite? I found some pita bread at Trader Joe's that I LOVE. But what we do is make little pizzas on them. One pita is 3 points. And then I have some cheese from TJ's that's 2 points for a 1/4 of a cup (which is PLENTY of cheese). I use a VERY minimal amount of sauce (I hate overly sauced pizza) so it's basically 5 points. I ate two of them for diner. 10 points and I was TOTALLY full from it. I like making them crispy and I takes no time in our toaster oven. So it feels like a 'cheat', but it SO isn't! I probably should have had a salad with it, but I didn't have time. But maybe next time. 

And today at my meeting I sat with my friend Sandy and she was telling me that she takes butternut squash and slices them SUPER thin to make a french fry type thing. She lightly sprays it with olive oil and uses a bit  of salt and pepper and roasts them in the oven until they get super crunchy. She said she eats them every day as they're zero points. Sounds fantastic. I'll definitely have to try that ... and soon. 

Anyway, that was my day. I think it's rather funny that I'm so super stoked over 1 pound as normally I would be pouting, but I'm just happy. And I know I keep saying it, but I really am so excited that I started Weight Watchers. I feel like I finally found the key to my weight loss. It has helped me to make good choices, I don't feel deprived and I can visually see progress on the scale. Right now, life is feeling pretty darn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment