Monday, March 28, 2011

Repeat

Yeah ... today wasn't a good day either. Turns out the paperwork I filed with the Social Security Office about a month ago mysteriously disappeared. As in they recorded that I came in, but where my paperwork went ... well ... no one seems to know. And the passive-aggressive woman on the other end of the phone didn't make it any better. It started off fine, I wasn't mad - a tad disappointed, but this is how our conversation went:

LADY:
Well, if you come in tomorrow we can access the new number in a couple of days

ME:
Oh, okay. So I just need to bring in the paperwork again?

LADY:
Yes

ME:
And then you can tell me when I can find out the new number?

LADY:
No. That's not possible.

ME:
I thought you said you could find out the number in a couple of days.

LADY:
The numbers are generated in Baltimore. Not here. So I have no
idea when the number will be available.

ME:
Oh. Okay. I thought you just said it could take a couple of days.

LADY:
It usually takes a couple of days but you're asking me to do the impossible.

ME:
@)#(*$&#@)!*()@#$


Okay, so I didn't curse at her. But I SO wanted to in my brain. She did this about the forms I needed to bring in too. She told me to bring the 'adoption form' when I asked for clarification as to what form she was referring to (as there are a TON of different forms) she just kept saying 'adoption form'. So I tried to explain again, that there are many forms, and then I started listing some... the last one I said was 'Adoption Decree' and she said, 'yes, the final adoption decree.' So I said, 'okay' and then she interrupted me and 'that is what I originally told you'. WHICH IS NOT WHAT SHE SAID. 

Anyway, I got off the phone, annoyed, angry and so frustrated that I felt that hysterical anger coming on... the kind where you're so mad you want to cry. I cannot believe how a conversation started off so normal and then she went all crazy on me. I swear to you that I was not being rude. I could have asked for her Supervisor since she ADMITTED that they were at fault, but I knew it was one of those situations where 'whats done is done'. 

So all that to say, I just wanted to eat carbs again. I'll be honest, I just wanted to go to a 'sit down restaurant' and order a big side of fries and just sit and eat them. But I didn't. I made my pita pizzas instead. I did go over my daily points by 3. And that's because I treated myself with a Luna Bar. Which really isn't all that bad if you ask me. 

And now I'm going to head to bed as I have to go the Social Security Office again tomorrow. But this time I'm headed to a different one. I don't think I can handle another run-in with Susan this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment