Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Haiku


I hate exercise
I lack happy endorphins
can I get some cake?


So as an 'experiment' of sorts, I decided that I was going to splurge and blow through my 'extra points' this week. Honestly - it's way harder than I thought. So far I've dipped into 9 of them and have 40 left. And you know what? It's just not worth it. I've had a burger 'protein style', some fries, Korean food... and tonight I actually went through the search engines trying to look up all different sorts of fast food. And get this ... nothing sounded good to me! I know, that in and of itself is a miracle. But it's true, low and behold I think Weight Watchers is changing my life. Who would have thought. 

I was talking to my Mom about how I've lost my desire for sugar and stuff since I can eat so much fruit. (right now Cuties are my favorite sweet snack) And then I started dreaming about summer when strawberries come out. There's a small strawberry field about a mile from my house and they are THE BEST strawberries EVER. So I'm super excited to get a basket and just go at it!

Another thing hit me today about my 1.8 pound weight-loss. I lost that without exercising. I've been working on a big order that is due ... well, now. But I won't be able to ship until Monday, and even that's going to be a stretch. So every spare second (meaning during meal times and nap times and when the kiddos are in bed) I sew. But once this thing is all said and done, I can start working a little exercise into my routine. Oh - and the best part about that? I get extra points that I can use towards food! Granted, it's probably best to not eat them, but if I do get hungry, I can. Which is great. Or at least the thought of having them available to me is a beautiful thing. For reals.

Something else I was thinking about - on 'Food Fridays' I'm going to start listing a recipe from my Weight Watchers Cook Book. Cool huh? (and if you don't think it's cool just pretend - I won't know the difference)

And for those of you who don't read the comment area, I wrote on the last post that I want to have a 'kdrama retreat'. And you know what? I'm not even kidding. I SOOOOOOOO want to do it! I want it to be a reward for when I hit some big goal. (I still have to figure that part out) But how fun would that be?! We could stay at a hotel and have kdramas going round the clock with all the fruit and vegetables you can eat. (hahahahahaha!) Anyway, file that idea away in your brain as I'm sure I'll revisit it at some point. And just know that if any of you actually decide to come, you would be making my dream come true. Because ask the husband... I just want to watch kdramas non-stop with no interruption and I want to talk about them afterwards. I'm getting giddy just thinking about it! So please, consider it. I'm not kidding. Make this dream a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment