Friday, March 25, 2011

Food Friday


In less than 9 hours I will be stepping on the scale again. I'm interested to see what happens, but regardless, I'm still a big fan of Weight Watchers. Seriously. I think I finally found my 'thing'. 

And true to my word, I'm going to post a Weight Watcher's recipe (straight from the cookbook!). So I'm going to randomly open the cook book and post what ever recipe is listed. Here I go...


ORANGE & HONEY-MARINATED CHICKEN

grated zest of 1 orange
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup lime juice
1 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoonn salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3 (6 ounce) bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
3 (6 ounce) bone-in chicken breasts skinned
3 cups hot cooked whole wheat couscous
1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments in juice, drained
1/4 cup dried currents

1. Combine orange zest and juice, lime juice, honey, salt, and pepper in a large zip-close plastic bag; add chicken. Squeeze out air and seal bag; turn to coat chicken. Refrigerate, turning bag occasionally, at least 1 hour or up to 6 hours.

2. Spray brioler rack with nonstick spray. Preheat broiler.

3. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.

4. Place chicken on prepared broiler rack. Broil 7 inches from heat, turning, until chicken is browned and cooked through, about 25 minutes.

5. Mix together couscous, orange segments, and currants in serving bowl. Serve with chicken.

PER SERVING: (1 piece chicken and about 3/4 cup couscous): 171 grams, 323 cal, 6g total fat, 2g sat fat, 0g trans fat, 70mg chol, 260 mg sod, 40g total carb, 9 g total sugar, 5g fiber, 28g protien, 35 mg calc.

LEVEL: Basic
PREP: 20 min
BROIL: 25 min
SERVES: 6
POINTS: 8

So the photo they have looks really good... but broiling the chicken and turning every so often for 25 minutes? I don't have time for that. But I'm guessing you could just put in on the grill, right? 

If anyone actually tries this, let me know what you think of it. 

Okay, now to go sleep off some poundage.

No comments:

Post a Comment