Monday, March 14, 2011

I Got A New Attitude

Four Days. 

It's been four days since I started Weight Watchers and I have to say - I.LOVE.IT. The most amazing thing to me is that I don't feel deprived. Not only that, but the thing I detest the most when losing weight is keeping track of your food. I hate it. It just makes me angry. But for some reason, I find tracking my points to be totally fun. For reals. I have no idea why. I love looking up foods and seeing how they convert into points. I love that I can pick and choose how I want to 'spend' them. And I love how I don't feel like I've been deprived at all. 

So Thursday I'm gone all day to Utah for a meeting. I'll be gone for breakfast, lunch, dinner and all snacks. I've saved all my extra points for this day, but like I mentioned before, it's killing me that I have to use them the night before a weigh in. So for the first time ever, I'm planning. I'm coming up with all these scenarios of what I can do to try and make it through the day without totally screwing up my weigh in. 

Wanna know my plan? Well here it is...

I get 32 points a day. I'm flying Southwest and in the terminal of our airport, there's a Burger King. I KNOW - BUT JUST HANG WITH ME FOR A SECOND! I'm going to get a sausage & cheese croissant which is 10 points. The reason I'm doing this is 1) I love them, but mostly 2) it'll STICK with me for a LONG time. Those bad boys are heavy, and since I haven't eaten one in quite some time, I'm thinking it'll make me feel extra full. 

I don't get into Utah until 1pm and then I'm renting a car and heading over the the client's location. So it could be another good hour + until I get to have lunch. So I'm packing a TON of fruit for me to take... and also some veggies (probably carrots). I'll also pack some multi grain cheerios as those are 3 points for 1 cup, and I can pass on the peanuts or pretzels. I also plan on drinking a ton of water while I'm gone as well. I'm hoping that these 'tools' will help curb my hunger and when I actually do get to make a meal choice, that there will be some good options for me as well. I do have my 'extra points' available, but I really don't want to dip into those unless I really have to. 

Oh - and the Weight Watchers App is AWESOME. So I'll be taking that with me too. 

Okay, enough of the plan. I'm out.


No comments:

Post a Comment