Thursday, September 15, 2011

accomplishment

So today I had to go on a drive... for kind of a long time ... and normally this means I eat snacky foods and drink a super large Diet Pepsi or Diet Coke. 

And guess what - I DIDN'T DO IT THIS TIME! Instead, I brought some beef jerky, blueberries and dark chocolate. And I only ate a LITTLE blueberries, 3 pieces of beef jerky, and a small piece of the chocolate. Oh - and I brought water. 

So while this may not sound super huge to you, it is to me. I LOVE that I'm able to make good choices instead of filling up on the 'bad' ones that I used to do. I had no desire to eat the snacky stuff that I used to, and I found that to be completely AWESOME. 

I have to say, it feels SO GREAT, to be free from food. That being said, I'm not saying that I'll never make a mistake or choose to eat something I shouldn't, but I don't feel like I'm a slave to the things I once was. And that is liberating.

Oh - and I think I'm going to start watching 'My Lovely Sam Soon' this weekend. It's another kdrama that I forgot about that I love (and it's funny!). Anyway, heads up on that ... more details will follow soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment