Monday, September 12, 2011

funny how things change

So tonight we went out to dinner for the first time in 2 weeks. And let me tell you - that is kind of amazing since before we went Primal - we ate out all the time. We decided to go to our new favorite Japanese Restaurant that also has a few Korean inspired dishes. My plan was to get their 'Steak' dish (just sliced steak, very simply prepared - totally Primal), kimchi (awww yeah) and rice. I figured it would be fine because it was just ONE serving and technically you can have a bit of grains if you really want to and have it count towards your 20% (they say with Primal, you shoot for 100%, but if you hit 80% - be happy about it!). I've been super good these first two weeks, so I didn't think a small bowl of rice would be a big deal. 

And then we got to dinner. I ordered my food and then the husband and I decided that we'd share the serving of rice. At first I didn't want to, but realized that was the best choice to make. So I ate my 'half serving' of rice, but the crazy thing - is that I was TOTALLY freaking out the entire time. I'm not sure I actually enjoyed the experience because I was so afraid that the rice was going to bloat me out or something.

Which is really crazy because I used to eat rice as my most comfort of all comfort food. 

Crazy how things can change.

No comments:

Post a Comment