Friday, September 9, 2011

my ... um ... workout

Okay. So today didn't go exactly how I expected it to. When I got to the gym, my sweet little trainer boy (Jeff) greeted me, and then proceeded to inform me that he got a promotion and will be managing two gym locations ... and he has a meeting soon at the other location so he was leaving. But next to him was Ryan, who will now be my new trainer. 

Wow. I think I know what speed dating must feel like. 

I've seen Ryan around but have never talked to him. He's nice. But I still gotta feel him out for a bit ... see if we really get along. What I thought was funny is that Jeff turned, and said to Ryan, 'she really likes some Asian drama shows ... just so you know.'

And you know what Ryan's response was?

He said, 'oh hey - my wife is Thai, and I think those are the things she's into as well. But she watches some that are translated into Chinese as she can speak Chinese as well.'

IS THAT NOT THE FUNNIEST THING OR WHAT?!??!?!??!

Anyway, I had only allowed 15 minutes for the workout, so I could get my hour walking in and get back to the house before the husband had to leave for work. Ryan wanted to measure me, weigh me, do my body fat percentage ... the whole sha-bang. Which basically meant I didn't get my high impact workout in and only 45 minutes of walking. But you know what? I'm not going to stress about. 

Here's what I ate today:

B: bacon and eggs scrambled in the bacon fat (plus onion and orange bell pepper too)
L: approx. 1 cup of watermelon cubes
D: some left over pot roast and the veggies that was all cooked together. I also had another small apple and some gouda cheese.

I went to FitDay.com and put in what I ate and I'm GREAT on the carb count. I'm super excited about that. But I think I needed more fat (that's part of the reason why I was good with eating the cheese). I'm also kind of doing an experiment with myself. And the nice thing is that I've already gotten the results. See... I was pretty sure that I was using the dark chocolate as a vice. And I was allowing myself to have more and more of it (but I will say that I never had more than half a bar per day). So today was my no chocolate day. And last night I had an apple and gouda in the late evening because I needed something sweet. 

And then I read a comment by a Primal who said, 'sometimes it's not hunger that you feel, but it's the anticipation of food'. That my friends, is some WISE WORDS. I think that's me to a 'T'. I LOVE to eat, I LOVE to enjoy the taste of food... so I do think I've probably mistaken hunger for simply anticipation. Amazing. 

So tonight I decided NO APPLE AND CHEESE late in the evening. I had it with my 'dinner' but I made the conscious decision to not snack in the evening. That was my experiment. I wanted to see if I could do it. 

And guess what. I did. 

So now I'm heading to bed ... totally feeling like the fat-burning-rock-star that I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment