Sunday, December 26, 2010

Accomplishments Anyone?

And we're BACK! Another week down - but this one was filled with hurdles and temptations and failures galore. But it's finished and over with, and I don't have to think about it again for another year.

Whew!

So let's get straight to the point:


I GAINED

2lbs!

I know. Pretty pathetic. Although I will say that I'm kinda holding on to the notion that I might just be retaining water. I mean, I had two days where I burned over 3000 calories (which I've never done before) so I think that had to help out some. Also, I didn't even come close to drinking enough water... so I'm holding out a bit of hope that it'll drop off as fast as it came on. 

I mentioned this before, but I really am excited to start the New Year. I think I'll be a bit more organized in how I'll post and have some new stuff to write about, so you don't get totally bored with me just checking in. 

Oh - and the challenges! Here's some ideas I have for 'next year':

Complete a 5K in a WEEK
Complete a 10K in a WEEK
Complete a half MARATHON in a WEEK
Complete a MARATHON in a WEEK

I figure we'll start off small and work up to the big one. And obviously you can break up the distance how ever you want through-out the week. You can do it all in one day, or break it up over all 7 - what ever works for you. 

And no, I have zero plans for ever running an actual marathon. I have absolutely NO desire to take that on. I'll gladly drive a marathon, but that's about it. 

Oh - and today I didn't do too well with my eating. I'm going to try and clean up my act for the rest of the week, but if I'm being honest, I have New Years on my brain as a re-launch date, so I kinda want to give myself a break until then... which we all know is dangerous. 

So we'll see what happens. Maybe I'll try and just up the cardio ... what to do ... what to do ...

No comments:

Post a Comment