Monday, December 13, 2010

okay, so it's becoming a mental war

I'm finding that half the battle of eating healthy, is getting your brain to go along with it. I was totally pumped to do that today. I started off great: Breakfast, Lunch - no problem! And since I had such a huge calorie reserve left, I figured we could eat something fun for dinner since we had a few errands to run. 

That was the first mistake. 

It's really easy to go over on your calorie count when eating out. Plain and simple. And then once we got home, I really had a sweet craving and just couldn't shake it. So I gave in. I didn't go over board, but I ate about 200 calories that I had no business eating. I was pretty sure I was already over from dinner and this just topped it off. 

I'm not going to beat myself up over it, nor am I going to quit what I'm doing. But I realized that I really need to get serious about getting back to the 'plan'. Also, I need to get mentally stronger so that I don't allow my mind to talk myself into eating things that I really don't need (especially since I wasn't hungry).

The good news is that I did the rebounder again. Actually, I did it twice today for short periods of times. And let me tell you - I still had a great burn from it. I burn between 7-10 calories a minute when I just lightly bounce on that thing. It's not hard, but I totally feel it in my calves. Amazing. I'm so sold on this thing it's not even funny. Which is good considering the fact that we have MANY rainy days in the near future. 

So that's it. The bad and the good. And as I keep saying - I'm back on track again tomorrow. For realsies this time. Not kidding. Like totally. Tru dat.


No comments:

Post a Comment