Monday, December 6, 2010

I'm feeling GOOD!

Today was a super great day for me. I don't know what it was, but I just felt really good. I was motivated and making good choices - and for the first time, it wasn't hard for me. I felt like snacking when I was waiting for my dinner to cook, so I walked out of the kitchen and sat on the couch with a bottle of water. Simple as that. 

My attitude felt different today too. I was excited. I felt like I was on a mission: to lose those last 2 pounds. I even went to the gym. No kidding! It was the first time I've left my son in any sort of child care since coming home, but his sister was with him and he did great (plus, I was only on the treadmill for 30 minutes).

And because of my good mood, I also finally got around to setting this thing up:


This is the 'body bug' type thing I got. It's not an actual Body Bug. But it's called 'Body Media' or something like that. I think it's made by the same company that makes the Body Bug. But it totally doesn't matter to me because THIS.THING.IS.AWESOME.

There are many things it can do (like track your calorie consumption and your sleep patterns) but the most important things to me, is that it gives you a daily 'goal' of what your calorie burn should be. And then it tracks your information and tells you how much you burned! AWESOME! It also tracks how much physical exercise you did and how many steps you took. (each of those also have a designated 'goal')

I won't lie - it's definitely an investment, but for me, it's well worth it. In fact, there's one more piece that I need. It's the 'display'  - which syncs the info on your arm band to the 'display' so that you don't have to stop and hook up the armband to your computer. So you can just check the 'display' to see what your current stats are. Can you say fabulous?

So that was my today. Came in under my calorie count and totally motivated for tomorrow (I just hope I wake up with the same mindset). I really want to blow these last 2 pounds out of the water. So that's my mission. And once I accomplish that, I'll set a new one. And I'll just keep going until I finally hit my goal. Yeah ... that's how it's going to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment