Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Can you feel the BURN?

So I'm not even kidding when I say my new Body Bug Wannabe is totally and completely awesome. I LOVE it so much it's not even funny. And here's just one reason why: It shows me how TOTALLY OFF I can be on things. 

So right now my daily 'goal' for my calorie burn is 2500. (if I eat 1500 calories, then I have a deficit of 1000 calories. If I do that for 7 days, then my deficit is 7000 calories... which equals 2 lbs... pretty cool, right?) The first day I used the 'Bug', I ended the day just over 2500. (that was the day I went to the gym in the morning - but I didn't start using the Bug until the early afternoon... so I wasn't sure how accurate the total calorie burn was). Yesterday I didn't go to the gym, but I had a really busy day, and I burned over 2700 calories. So today I went to the gym and figured that I would have a super great day ...

... yeah... I'm thinking I should come in over 2500 ... but BARELY. It goes to show what my tendencies are. Because I 'worked out' this morning, I took it easy through out the day. Meaning, I let myself just sit and veg ... which resulted in less of a calorie burn that I thought. So it was SO GREAT that I had this Bug to let me know where I was at. It definitely made me get up and move around more so that I could be sure to hit my burn. 

And honestly, I want to up my calorie burn (if I do that I can up my caloric intake as well) and to do that, I need to exercise more. Which means I need to hit the treadmill more (which is my mode of choice right now). 

So that leaves to me my next question:

what's on your play list?

Obviously fast paced songs are nice - but I love listening to ANY song that just makes me happy, or so song that I love (even if it's slow!)

So here are my TOP 5 SONGS currently on my ipod:

'Bad Girl, Good Girl' by Miss A (don't be surprised if you haven't heard of it... it's a Korean thing)
'Raise Your Glass' by Pink
'Everybody Knows' by John Legend
'Last Kiss' by Taylor Swift
'Long Live' by Taylor Swift

Some of the songs are fast, and some slow - but they make me grin while I'm walking. Music is kinda like my placebo. When I listen to it I think I have more energy and I can exercise more. If I don't have music to listen to, I absolutely HATE exercising and it makes me mad, and then I quit. 

I guess I need to stick with the music, right? So do you have any favorite songs that I can add to my list? I'd love to hear what they are - so throw me a bone, I could really use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment