Friday, December 3, 2010

Ugh... I did it again...

I over ate. This time it was corn. Totally not joking. I did really good all day - was even under my calorie count. And then the husband came home from work (he worked late, so it was like 9:30p) I'm chatting on skype with a girlfriend and then all of the sudden I smell some deliciousness coming from the kitchen. The husband decided to make Minestrone Soup - from scratch. (he's pretty cool like that) So I go in there and we start chatting about our days. Then I notice that there's all this left over corn from dinner. So like a fool I decide to eat it. All of it. And it.was.alot.

I think I heard some where (or maybe it was just in my brain) that eating vegetable calories isn't a big deal. Which now as I'm writing this, I think there's folly to that thought as a calorie is a calorie. But whatever. The point is that I ate too much corn. But before that registered in my brain I decided that instead of doing my usual grape popsicle and dark chocolate snack, I want an apple and a 'Laughing Cow' cheese wedge. So I'm probably about half way through my apple slices and I realize that I'm really full. So I stop eating my cheese and apples and feel kind of 'eh' again. 

But then I see the vanilla tootsie rolls that I bought on my birthday and ask the Husband what the calorie count is on those babies. 140 for 6. So while I'm trying to do the math in my head on what they are per piece, the husband just says, 'so you can have 3 for 70 calories'. 

um... SOLD!

So I took my tootsie rolls and am now sitting on the couch, logging my update, feeling like every inch of my body is filled with corn (with the exception of 2.5 tootsie rolls) and wishing that I would have shown a little restraint with my corn consumption. I mean, how desperate do you have to be to over-dose on corn. Ugh.

I keep noticing that the last .5 of the last vanilla tootsie roll is staring at me. So now I shall complete my gluttony for the evening and devour that piece in private. 

No comments:

Post a Comment