Sunday, January 9, 2011

Accomplishments Anyone?

It's that time of the week again ... where we get to share our accomplishments for the week. And I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you ALL had a much better week than myself because ...


I GAINED another

1 lbs.


I'm actually pretty angry about this. More just angry that I wasted another week. I actually weighed myself yesterday morning and I was DOWN .5lbs from the previous week. So I ate Korean food for lunch ... and then for dinner (since I had left overs and couldn't waste it - right?). I mean - I totally realize that the Korean food that I love has a ton of salt... but a pound and half of weight gain, or water retention over night?!

And then there's that whole not enough water bit. I've allowed myself to drink diet soda this past week. Well actually, it's probably been a few weeks now. And when I do that, I drink less water. I used to be really good about drinking all my water FIRST and then have a soda. But I got lazy. And I made allowances. And once you make little allowances, they turn into ... well ... a one pound weight gain. 

So I'm done with this. This is supposed to be my year. My time to change my life and accomplish any goal I set out to do. And I'm blowing it. I'm literally looking at each week and just waving good-bye as I sit on the couch. What is the world is WRONG with me?!

I keep saying that I'm going to get back into my routine and blah blah blah. Now look at me. I've gained back almost all the weight that I initially lost. Pathetic. 

But instead of wallowing in my self pity and going to the pantry to soothe my pain, I'm going to focus on the fact that there is indeed a tomorrow. And with that new day I can make better choices. And I can choose to be more active. And I can start all over again. Because I'm not going to quit. I'm still going to chase after my goal and change my life. I am. I am, I am, I AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment