Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What would you do ...



... if you were at your ideal weight? Would you try something that you've never done before? Would you wear something that you didn't have the nerve to before? Or would nothing change for you?

I've discovered that I'm a SUPER visual person. In fact, the older I've gotten the worse it's become. Like if something is out if sight - it is LITERALLY out of mind. Ever since I had kids (or rather, adopted them) my short term memory is shot. But I digress. Anyway, I decided to begin the art of 'visualization'. Apparently they say you should visualize your goals - seeing yourself achieve them is supposed to help you or something like that. 

I'm not exactly sure how I'm supposed to do it, or if there's some method I'm supposed to follow, but every now and then I'll picture myself in a cute outfit. I decided that right now I'm in a 'retro' phase. I'm even sure what exactly that means, or what that fully entails, but I like the sound of it. I like the ideal of wearing something that is 50's-ish inspired, or even more throw back than that. 

As for doing something... there is ONE thing that tops my list at the moment. I'm sure there will be other things that will be added over the course of time, but right now there is something that I'd really like to be able to do. 

And that is to go back to Korea and see my son's Foster Mom. Koreans in Korea (and I'm sure here in the states too...) are SUPER thin. They have very high standards of what is considered 'thin' or 'fat'. Well... I was definitely in the fat category when I went. In fact - there was a time during our 'meeting' (when I met my son for the first time with his Foster Mom) where it got really uncomfortable. And I just knew that something was said about my weight. And the translator didn't translate ... and it was just kinda awkward ... and uncomfortable. 

So I want to go back thin. And I want to have another meeting with our Foster Mom, and I want Toby Keith's 'How Do You Like Me Now' softly playing the background as I stand with my back towards her and then once she comes in and sits down, I will slowly turn around and break into a choreographed danced/lip synched version of Miss A's 'Bad Girl, Good Girl' all while wearing the most fabulous outfit that has yet to be determined. 

Now THAT is some phat visualizations skills.

Am I right? OR.AM.I.RIGHT?!

No comments:

Post a Comment