Saturday, January 1, 2011

Organization = Calories Burned

My eldest child (my daughter) doesn't grow very fast. And she's super tiny. So I have a TON of clothes from the past couple of sizes and I've been meaning to sort them for quite some time. Since the husband had today off (gooooo Holidays!) I was able to spend some uninterrupted time in her room (which is kind of impossible to do unless there is someone watching the kiddos).  Anyway, to make a long story short, I got everything done (or at least in color coded garbage bags in the closet) and her room is looking pretty darn fabulous. 

Other than that, I just sat around and played on the computer. And then I met one of my girlfriends for dinner. 

When I got home I checked my calorie burn for the day to see how much I missed my goal by, and low and behold, I HIT MY BURN! Not only did I hit it, I surpassed it by over 200 calories. 

So basic housework burns calories. Who knew?!

(oh - and it's a good thing that I went over on the calorie burn because I'm pretty sure that piece of chocolate peanut butter cheesecake that I had put me wayyyyyy over my calories for the day. I know what you're thinking... and oh yes I did! But the new year is here and I'm ready! Really - I am!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment