Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A New Little Mini-Goal

So today I had a conversation with one of my main clients for my business. They're someone that I really want to continue working with as they do really decent sized orders. Anyway, to make a long story short, this company is located out of state. If I want to, I could fly out and have a meeting with this company and basically 'map out' the rest of the year in regards to what kind of orders we could do - and when. 

This is a pretty big deal as I would really like to have a schedule for the year of what my projects are looking like. It would make things SO much easier ...

But here's the thing... I'm kinda not looking forward to meeting them in person because I want to lose more weight. I don't want my first impression to say 'dumpy-stay-at-home-mom-who-makes-stuff-in-her-kitchen', but more like, 'business-owner-who-works-out-of-her-home-while-raising-her-children'. Big difference, don't you think?

So I'm hoping to try and swing this trip in March... and if I do mid-March... I have about 7-8 weeks. So I'm thinking that I really need to focus and see what I can do for this new little 'mini-goal'. 

Do you think it's doable? How should I tackle this challenge? I know in my mind I probably have a completely unrealistic idea of what I'd like to look like, so I know I need to scale that back a bit and get a good dose of reality... but I'll be honest, I really do want to make a good impression, and as superficial as it sounds, your image really IS an important part of your business. 

Anyway - thoughts? concerns? questions? LOL... but really... I'm going to need some crazy encouragement these next few weeks... so expect alot of whining from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment