Monday, January 24, 2011

Sleep

So here's a question for you all. I've heard that getting a good night's sleep is essential for healthy living and  even losing weight. So how much sleep should a person be getting? I love to sleep. It's fantastic. And I love my bed. I love just lying in it all cozy and engulfed in pillows and comforters ... but that doesn't happen very often any more. Nap time for the kiddos is a prized possession at this point. My daughter stopped taking naps right around the age of two, so now that my son sleeps for a good 2 hours in the afternoons, I find that those two hours are packed full of things I need to get done. 

I guess I'm just curious to hear how much sleep you all get - and when do you go to bed? My prime working hours are after the kiddos are in bed, so I tend to go to bed after mid-night... and closer to 1am. When I have big projects I tend to stay up until 2-3am. Fortunately, my kids sleep late. Till 8:30-9a. That has been my saving grace up to this point. But my daughter needs to go to pre-school in the Fall. I tried to do it at the beginning of January and when we did a trial run (where she would visit the pre-school) she had a total and complete melt-down because I had to wake her up early. It was bad news. So now we're waiting until the Fall when I can slowly transition her into an earlier wake up time. But I'm sure I'll procrastinate that till the last minute ... 

But I digress ...

So tell me your sleep schedules. This inquiring mind wants to know. 

And don't forget to time yourself doing 'the bridge' for this week's challenge. Wednesday is going to be here before you know it! (like tomorrow)



No comments:

Post a Comment